This quiche is simply delicious. A lovely shortcrust pastry with a great combination of onions and bacon with egg around it.
- 100g of Plain Flour
- 50g of Margarine
- 1-2 tablespoons of water
- 1 onion
- 100g of grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 pint of milk
- (optional Salt and pepper)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Make the short crust pastry, sieve the flour and rub in the butter. Combine with the water to make the dough.
Roll out the pastry and put in a greased cupcake tin.
Chop the onion and bacons and fry them up.
Beat the eggs and milk in a jug and season if you want with the salt and pepper.
Put the cheese, onions and bacon in the pastry case and pour the egg mix.
Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
Try not to make the pastry cases to thin, otherwise the egg mix will seep out
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Mini Quiches 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Tuna and tomato tart with... 3.7/5 (121 Votes)
- No pastry quiche! 3.4/5 (140 Votes)