Mediterranean vegetable quiche
- 1 shortcrust pastry or puff pastry
- 1/2 onion
- 1 aubergine
- 2 courgettes
- 1 pepper
- 200g diced bacon lardons
- 8 eggs
- 200 ml liquid crème fraiche (full fat)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 30 cm round pie tin
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Roll out your pastry.
Fry the lardons quickly in a pan without any fat on medium heat. Place the lardons evenly on the pastry.
Caramelise the chopped onions for 3min in 3 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat using the same pan as the lardons.
Cut the aubergine lengthwise into 4 sections and then into strips about 1/2 cm thick. Add the onions and a little more olive oil so that the aubergine absorbs the oil and does not become dry.
Cut the cucumber in the same way, add to the pan and mix.
Finely dice the pepper, add to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
Meanwhile, beat the eggs with creme fraiche, salt and pepper.
When the courgettes are less firm: spread the vegetables over the lardons and pour the cream mixture on top.
Bake 30 minutes at the bottom of the oven.
When the quiche is a nice golden colour it's ready to be served!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Courgette and goat cheese tart 3.8/5 (123 Votes)
- Vegetable and ricotta tart 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Tomato and mustard tart 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Pasta with lardons and mushrooms... 3/5 (146 Votes)