Twice baked jacket potatoes with cheese, spring onions and cherry tomatoes
A tasty lunch or light evening meal. Perfect accompanied with a mixed salad.
- 1 jacket potato
- Small bunch of spring onions
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 25g low fat mature cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp of half fat creme fraiche
- Salt and pepper to season
- Optional- 2 slices of wafer thin ham/chorizo
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Scruib the potato clean under a tap, dry and prick several times with a fork. Cover the potato with a layer of kitchen roll. Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until potato is soft.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200oc/ 180oc (fan oven).
Then, finely chop the spring onions and cook them over a medium heat on a hob for approx 5 minutes until they have turned golden brown.
Chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters and grate the cheese.
Optional- cut 2 slices of wafer thin ham/chorizo into bite sized pieces.
Once the potato has cooked cut it in half and remove the flesh of the potato with a spoon and placed in a small mixing bowl. Leave the potato skins to one side.
Add 1 tbsp of creme fraiche to the mixture and half the grated cheese. Mix together with a masher.
Add the chopped onions, tomatioes and ham/chorizo if using. Mix together gently with a wooden spoon. Add salt and pepper to season.
Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and top with the remaining grated cheese.
Place the potato halves in the oven and cook for approx 20 mins until the cheese has turned golden brown.
Remove from the oven and serve with a crisp miixed salad. Enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Fajitas 3.4/5 (128 Votes)