- 3 pounds small white potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Allow the potatoes to steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, dill, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.
When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in quarters or in half, depending on their size. Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl. While the potatoes are still warm, pour enough dressing over them to moisten. Add the celery and red onion, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Toasts with duck confit 3.8/5 (118 Votes)
- Caesar salad with potatoes, salami... 4.2/5 (51 Votes)