Salad Of Clonakilty Blackpudding, Potato, Char-Grilled Red Onion And Walnut
Summer on a plate; use as many different leaves and varieties of tomato to make a kaleidoscope of beautiful edible colour. This dish is great as a salad for any barbeque or as a quick light lunch.
- 1 Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 300g Baby Salad Potato – par-cooked and cubed
- 2 Red Onions – quartered and tossed in a little oil
- 100g Walnuts – toasted on a dry pan
- 100g Tomatoes – Whatever varieties you can get
- we like yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- Baby Gem
- Ruby Chard leaves - washed
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Slice the Clonakilty Blackpudding in to 2cm rounds and grill or fry lightly until golden brown on each side and warmed through.
Sauté the par-cooked potato to crisp the edges
On a heated griddle pan char the red onions until beautifully caramelized and tender
Assemble the salad with a layer of salad leave, followed by a layer of char-grilled red onions, followed by the sautéed potatoes, a scattering of walnuts and tomatoes and finally some crumbled Clonakilty Blackpudding.
Dress the salad just prior to serving.
For the Dressing: In a sealable container like a jar add 2 parts Irish Rapeseed Oil to 1 part White Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar; add in a crushed garlic clove and a dried sprig of thyme. Leave to infuse together before use.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (179 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Baked Red Onion and Goats Cheese... 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Topped... 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (132 Votes)