Baked Red Onion and Goats Cheese Salad
A really filling salad, definitely for onion lovers
- 3 red onions
- 6-8 vine tomatoes
- 200g of goat's cheese
- 3 spring onions
- Some bread (stale is better)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and cut the red onions roughly into eighths. Wash the tomatoes and cut into quarters. Add everything to a large oven dish.
Add a good covering of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper, then mix everything together.
Place in an oven heated to 170°C for 20 minutes
Whilst the vegetables are roasting, chop the spring onion and roughly tear the bread. Fry the bread on a low heat in a pan with another dollop of olive oil.
After the time is up, take the vegetables out and add the bread, and the goats cheese, cut roughly into chunks. Put back in the oven in for 5 minutes.
Serve with the spring onions mixed in at the last stage.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Goat's Cheese Omelette 3.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Pasta with puréed aubergines and... 3/5 (95 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Aubergine Parmigiana with Almonds 3.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Quorn, Pepper & Goat's Cheese Tart 2.9/5 (30 Votes)