Wild mushroom tartlets
Perfect as a light appetiser or for a buffet.
- 375g block all-butter puff pastry
- for dusting
- 25g butter
- 300g mixed wild mushrooms or just one type
- cleaned and sliced
- 25g parmesan
- finely grated
- small handful parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- finely chopped
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Roll the pastry out, and cut out 4 circles, about 15cm wide. Place them in the fridge, on a baking tray.
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Heat a large frying pan until hot, then add the butter and fry the mushrooms for 5 mins until there is no liquid left in the pan. Season, take off the heat, and mix the mushrooms with the Parmesan and herbs.
Score a 1cm border around the edge of each tart, then spoon the mushrooms into the centre circle. Brush the edge with beaten egg, then bake the tarts for 20 mins until puffed up and golden.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (76 Votes)