Chicken and mushrooms in a creamy champagne sauce
- 2 chickens
- 1.2 kgs each
- A dash of olive oil
- 30 g of butter
- 4 shallots
- 46 cl champagne.
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in as much water
- 250 g crème fraîche
- 250 g rice
- cooked in water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Ask your butcher to bone and cut each chicken into 5 pieces.
Heat the butter and oil in a large pot and brown the pieces on all sides.
Add the shallots, peeled and chopped, and cook lightly without browning them. Season with salt and pepper and add the champagne.
Cook for 30 minutes over low heat.
Meanwhile, wash and chop the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes in a pan with butter.
Add the mushrooms to the chicken and cook, still over low heat, for a further 15 minutes.
Dilute the cornstarch in water and then add to the chicken sauce. Remove from the heat and add the crème fraîche.
Cook the rice in boiling water. Coat little dome moulds with champagne using a pastry brush, put the rice in the moulds and turn out onto your serving plates.
Serve the chicken and mushrooms while the rice is still hot and pour over with the champagne and cream sauce.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.5/5 (145 Votes)