A creamy mushroom and bacon dish topped with potato and cheese. Simple to make, but absolutely delicious.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 200g chopped cooking bacon or lardons
- A small chopped onion
- A handful of mushrooms
- A tin of mushroom soup
- 50g cheese
- pepper and mixed herbs to season.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 180degrees. Slice the potatoes, I prefer to leave the skin on for flavour. Boil until tender, adding salt, pepper and a teaspoon of mixed herbs.
While the potatoes are boiling, in a hot frying pan fry up the bacon, onions and mushrooms for about 10 minutes. When fully cooked, add the tin of soup.
Add the creamy bacon mix to a casserole dish, top with the sliced potatoes and grated cheese. Bake for about 20mins in the oven then serve!
A spoonful of soft cheese such as Phhiladelphia (I use the one with garlic and herbs) stirred into the pan with the bacon mix gives a thicker creamier sauce.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Cheesy Leek & Bacon Pasta 3.5/5 (142 Votes)