Chicken and Mushroom Fried Rice
- 375g (13 oz) uncooked white rice
- 1 knob butter
- 2 skinless
- boneless chicken breast fillets - diced
- salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- 75g (2 oz) mushrooms
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- or to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Cook rice according to package instructions. Allow to cool (or use leftover rice straight from the fridge.)
Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in butter and season with salt to taste. Set chicken aside.
Transfer cooked rice to the pan in which the chicken was cooked, stirring to brown.
In a separate pan, lightly scramble the eggs - then add this to the rice.
Stir in chicken, mushrooms, spring onions and soy sauce. Serve immediately.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Leek,onion and mushroom pie 3.8/5 (112 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Mackerel Fried Rice 3.3/5 (144 Votes)
- Charlottes Fried Rice 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Chinese Claypot Chicken Rice 4.1/5 (19 Votes)