Cheesy Jack BBQ Chicken
A deliciously sticky chicken breast covered in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, crispy bacon rashers and melted mature cheese. Also in the photo is a crispy baked potato, and sweetcorn.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5-6 tablespoons of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce (any BBQ sauce works
- but the JD makes it super tasty!)
- 2 handfuls of a really good grated cheddar
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon (I use smoked)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Lightly score across the chicken breasts and smother in the BBQ sauce and leave marinating for 90 minutes. This is entirely optional, you can just pour it over before cooking but I prefer to let it soak in.
Bake at 180 in an ovenproof dish for 10 minutes.
Place 3 slices of bacon over each chicken breast. Alternatively, wrap the breasts in the bacon before step 1.
Bake for a further 10 minutes, then cover in the grated cheese and cook until the cheese has melted. Make a small slice in the chicken to check if the centre is white, or use a food probe.
Remove from oven and serve with whatever you like, I like to use either crispy baked potatoes or creamy mash. Also works well with homemade chips.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (237 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.