Apple Rose Cake
A light, soft sponge cake with raspberry jam and topped with apple roses.
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g butter
- 200g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g raspberries
- 3 sweet apples
- sliced thinly
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cream butter and sugar, until light
add in the eggs 1 at a time. With every egg add in a tablespoon of the flour, to prevent the mix splitting.
once the eggs are combined, add in the rest of the flour, and mix well
Spoon the mix into a baking dish and cook for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
cook the raspberries down with a tablespoon of sugar until jam is formed (strain if pips are a worry!)
Make a sugar syrup from 100ml of water and 50g of sugar. Bring to a simmer and then add in the apple slices. Cook for approx 2 minutes, until the apples are almost transparent.
once the cake is almost cooked, remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
top the cake with the jam
To make apple roses, take a slice of apple and roll into a tube. Add slices around this to form petals. Repeat until you have enough roses to cover the cake.
return to the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and serve with cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Apple & Orange Marmalade Cake 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Victoria Sandwich Cake 3.6/5 (75 Votes)
- Cherry Bakewell Tart 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Raspberry Slices 4/5 (15 Votes)