Baked Cod in Bacon with Rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 2 chunky cod fillets (200g each
- skin on
- scaled and boned)
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to highest temperature.
Strip leaves from 2 rosemary sprigs, put on chopping board and finely chop. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roll the cod fillets in the rosmary, oil, salt and pepper until coated.
Lay out bacon rashers (4 per cod fillet) overlapping and run the edge of a knife over to thin. Put cod fillets across and wrap rashers around.
Drizzle olive oil into baking tray and coat. Lay in cod fillets, skin side down. Put sprig of rosemary on top of each and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until bacon is crispy. Serve with lemon wedges.
Good with mashed potato or new potatoes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
- Slow cooked lamb 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.