Mediterranean-style monkfish with a fricassee of potatoes
By Les toqués de la pomme de terre
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preparing the tomato sauce: Peel and chop the onions finely. Peel and chop the garlic. Put the tomatoes into a pot of boiling water for 30 secs. Drain. Remove the skin and seeds and cut into 6. Fry the onions and garlic in 5 cl of olive oil for 5 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and bouquet garni. Season and mix well. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes and then uncovered for 1 hour. The tomato sauce should be quite thick. Taste and season again if necessary. Keep warm.
Prepare the potatoes: Wash the potatoes and cook in their skins (for 20 minutes starting in cold, salted water). Drain when cooked. Peel and cut into small cubes.
Preparing the monkfish: Strip the monkfish tails of their skin. Make two cuts along the edges with a sharp knife so that they cook better. Place the monkfish in an oven dish. Salt and pepper and add rosemary around fish. Add some butter in small pieces on the fish. Wet the fish with water covering them halfway up and bake in a hot oven (250 °) for 20 mins. Pour some squeezed lemon juice into the juices after cooking.
Finish the potatoes: While the fish is cooking, fry the potatoes in nonstick pan, on high heat with 15 cl of olive oil. They should caramelise slightly.
Presentation: Place in the centre of the plate a bed of tomato sauce. Lay the roast monkfish on top. Arrange the fried potatoes around the fish. Drizzle with the lemon and cooking juice, sieved. Garnish with rosemary sprigs. Serve immediately.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)