Thai Massaman Fish Curry
- 2 fillets white fish
- 100g prawns
- 1-2 medium potatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- Half red pepper
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 150ml fish stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 5 cardamom pods
- split open
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil and soften the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger for 2 minutes.
Add the stock, lemongrass, bay leaves, turmeric, coriander, cumin seeds, white pepper, cardamom, lime juice, fish sauce & sugar. Bring to a light boil.
Add the coconut milk and potatoes. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid off.
Add the fish and prawns, simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the red pepper and tomato. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Season to taste and serve with couscous.
If the sauce is too runny, add the couscous straight to the pan to absorb some liquid.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (429 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.