Indian Chicken Curry
A personal creation using the spices of India. Serve with rice and chapattis.
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Piece of Ginger (2inches)
- 6 Chillies green & red (vary to taste)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Cooked Chicken Breast
- 6-8 Potatoes (Boiled)
- Salt to season
- 1 Tbsp oil for frying
- 1 Litre Boiled Water (from kettle)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1) Put the potatoes in a saucepan on high heat and boil until tender.
2) Chop the Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Chillies and put in to a separate pan. Fry on low heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
3) Add the tin of tomatoes and mix.
4) Add the Turmeric, Paprika, Chilli Powder and Garam Masala and mix until dissolved.
5) Drain the potatoes and add to the Curry Pan.
6) Add the Chicken and Season with Salt, (To taste).
Pour the Boiled Water in to the pan until covered.
Turn to a Medium heat and cook for a further 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Serve on a bed of rice with Chapattis on the side.
Keep tasting to ensure suitably spiced.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Butter Chicken Curry 3/5 (108 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sundays: Garam Masala... 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.