Stir-fried greens with beef/chicken, mushrooms and ginger
Quick, easy and adaptable stir-fry.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 sirloin steaks or 2 chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 2 spring onions (chopped
- 2 tbsp root ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 200g pak choi (sliced)
- 200g choi sum (sliced)
- 120g shittake mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- Drizzle sesame oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a wok. When it's smoking, add the cashews and toast to golden, then remove to cool.
In batches, stir-fry the steak or chicken in the wok over a high heat, transferring to a plate as it's ready.
Add the third tbsp vegetable oil with the ginger, garlic and spring onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute, until the onions have begun to soften.
Add the pak choi, choi sum and mushrooms and toss over the heat for another few minutes.
Return the steak to the pan and add oyster sauce. Toss and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Transfer to bowls, drizzle with sesame oil, and finish with the toasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped.
260cal per portion
Broccoli, courgette, and other greens can be substituted for the pak choi and/or choi sum.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (414 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (229 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.