Slow Cooker Chicken & Mushrooms In Wine Sauce
A slow cooked chicken dish that will melt in the mouth.
- 3 cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 large Onion
- Garlic (optional). If using - to own taste
- 21/2 - 3 pounds Chicken pieces - skinned
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- Tomato Purée
- 1/4 cup Dry Red Wine
- 2 tbsp quick cooking Tapioca
- 11/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place onion, mushrooms & garlic (if using), into a slow cooker. Place the chicken pieces on top.
Stir together the chicken broth, wine, tomato purée, tapioca, dried basil (if using), sugar, salt & pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover. Cook onLow Setting for 7 to 8 hours or High Setting for 31/2 to 4 hours.
Serve over noodles & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; or skin on new potatoes, washed & vegetables.
The wine can be replaced with another 1/4 cup chicken broth if desired.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Pasta with wine sauce and peas 3.5/5 (130 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.