Easy 'carbonara', flexible pasta sauce.
By Sophie H
- Pasta / spaghetti
- Large pack of Philadelphia (original)
- Herbs and seasoning
- Ham/bacon/smoked salmon/salmon fillet/prawns
- Brie or stilton (optional).
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook the pasta. Meanwhile, fry the onion and mushrooms in butter, then melt in the Philadelphia with enough milk to make the mixture runny.
Add herbs and seasoning plus (ready cooked, where necessary) meat or fish. Simmer briefly (adding cheese if desired, which should melt into the mixture).
Stir the pasta into the sauce and serve with veg/salad.
If lacking in time, Waitrose Essentials tomato and mascarpone pasta sauce is stunningly good, esp with seafood.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (187 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (204 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)