Easy 'carbonara', flexible pasta sauce.
By Sophie H
- Pasta / spaghetti
- Large pack of Philadelphia (original)
- Herbs and seasoning
- Ham/bacon/smoked salmon/salmon fillet/prawns
- Brie or stilton (optional).
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook the pasta. Meanwhile, fry the onion and mushrooms in butter, then melt in the Philadelphia with enough milk to make the mixture runny.
Add herbs and seasoning plus (ready cooked, where necessary) meat or fish. Simmer briefly (adding cheese if desired, which should melt into the mixture).
Stir the pasta into the sauce and serve with veg/salad.
If lacking in time, Waitrose Essentials tomato and mascarpone pasta sauce is stunningly good, esp with seafood.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (237 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (202 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (159 Votes)