Rhubarb and Strawberry Cheesecake
By Linou , blog Le monde de Linou
- For the sauce:
- 500g rhubarb
- 10g vanilla sugar
- 40g cane sugar
- For the strawberry coulis:
- 3 tbsp of sugar-free jam
- 6 tbsp water
- For the base:
- 300g speculoos biscuits
- 80g melted butter
- For the filling:
- 100g cane sugar
- 500g fromage frais (0% fat)
- 325g of cream cheese like Philadelphia
- 6 eggs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and peel the rhubarb. Cut into pieces. Reduce into a thick sauce over medium heat with sugar.
Preheat the oven to 170°C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Oil the inside of a large baking circle. Crumble the biscuits. Add the melted butter. Mix and spread into the circle on the baking paper. Pack down covering a little round the edges.
Bake for 10 minutes in the oven and leave to cool.
Beat the fromage frais with the cream cheese and thick and creamy. Add the sugar while whisking. Add the eggs one by one with a spatula. Add the rhubarb sauce. Mix well. Pour onto the biscuit base.
Bake for 50 minutes until the edges are coked, but the middle still soft.
Cool at room temperature, then in the fridge for 12 hours.
Before serving, dilute the strawberry jam with water to make the coulis.
Pour onto the cheesecake.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (456 Votes)
- Skittles Cheesecake 3.6/5 (169 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (83 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 3.3/5 (158 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crumble 3.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake with Meringue topping 3.4/5 (131 Votes)