Tagliatelle with Bacon & Tomato Sauce
A simple but tasty dish that can be on the table in 25-30 minutes.
- 75g/3oz Butter or Margarine
- 225g/8oz Lean Back Bacon - diced
- 1 Carrot - peeled & diced
- 4 Sticks Celery - chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove - chopped
- Tomato Purée - to own taste
- 150ml Water- about 1/4 pint
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat two-thirds of the butter or margarine & gently fry the diced bacon for 4-5 minutes. Add the carrot, celery & garlic, cover & sauté for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Add the tomato purée, water, stock cube & salt & pepper. Cook gently for a further 5 minutes.
Cook the tagliatelle according to directions on packet.
When ready, drain the tagliatelle & return it to the pan. Add the remaining butter or margarine & shake over the heat until the tagliatelle is well coated. Add Parmesan cheese & gently stir in. Finally, add the hot bacon & tomato sauce.
Serve with garlic bread.
Put a bowl of grated Parmesan cheese ready on the table so everyone can add more should they wish to.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Crabmeat Tagliatelle 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
- Ratatouille 3.7/5 (114 Votes)
- Chilli Garlic Pasta with Asparagus 3.4/5 (109 Votes)