Three Cheese Macaroni
- 225g macaroni
- 125g smoked streaky bacon
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g plain white flour
- 600ml semi skimmed milk
- 100g red leicester cheese (grated)
- 100g double gloucester cheese (grated)
- 100g English cheddar cheese (grated)
- ½ teaspon English mustard
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Nutmeg shavings
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Sauce: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour to make roux and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add milk gradually, stirring all the time. Put back onto heat to simmer. Whisk until it thickens. Add pepper, nutmeg and mustard.
Macaroni: cook according to packet instructions or until al dente.
Meanwhile, put bacon under hot grill until crispy. Cut up and put to one side.
Drain macaroni and add to sauce along with bacon and grated cheese (saving some cheese for the top).
Spoon into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Put sliced tomato on the top. Put into oven until golden and bubbling.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Fajitas 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Best-Ever Cheesy Bacon Macaroni... 3.2/5 (123 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.