Turkey and Vegitable Stew
- Lentils (soaked overnight)
- 1 Tin Chicken Soup
- 1 Tin Scotch broth
- 2 Chicken Cubes
- 1 Vegetable Cube
- Mixed Vegetables (Frozen or Tinned)
- Salt/Pepper/Herbs to taste
- Fill with Water to ¾
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Average budget
Soak Lentils overnight
Cook Turkey Leg until it falls off the bone then shred
add all ingredients to a large pot, add water to cover 3/4 up.
Bring to the boil and simmer for a good 3 hours or until satisfied and to taste.
Make dumplings - 2parts Suet to 1 part Flour, add to stew approx 30 - 45 minutes before serving, depending on how soft and fluffy you like them.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.