Masala Fish Goujons with Hasselback Potatoes
A twist on the typical Fish and Chips
- For the Hasselback potatoes:
- Baking Potatoes - 2
- Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Mixed Herbs - a couple of pinches (optional)
- Paprika Powder - a few pinches (optional)
- For the Masala Fish Goujons:
- White Fish - Cod
- Basa - 225 g
- Paprika Powder/ Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1/4 teaspoon or Minced Garlic - 1 clove
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Roasted Cumin Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- For coating:
- Egg - 1
- Breadcrumbs - 75 g
- Oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 210 degrees. Wash and scrub the potatoes well. -
Using a sharp knife make slices in the potato but leave about 1/4 of an inch at the base so that the slices do not fall off. Place the potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika powder and herbs. Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes till you have crisp skins and the insides are cooked completely.
Cut the fish fillets into strips and marinate them for 30 minutes with the ingredients for marination.
Now heat oil for frying and dip the marinated fish pieces in beaten egg. Coat the strips in bread crumbs and deep fry till golden brown.
Serve the Hasselback potatoes and Masala Fish Goujons with mayonnaise or tartare sauce and salad on the side.
Be careful while slicing the potatoes so as not to cut them all the way through. Marinating the fish for longer will enhance the flavours.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken tikka 3.4/5 (134 Votes)