Parmentier de Confit de Canard
This is a favourite in our household. Mashed potato, duck and fried vegetables, rolled into layers of deliciousness.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 shallots
- 2 onions
- 2 large carrots
- 4 thighs of duck confit (Confit de canard)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Peel and finely dice; carrots, onions, shallots and fry in pan until brown.
Peel and cut potatoes and plunge into a pot of hot water, until soft.
Prepare the tinned duck confiture by shredding into fine pieces.
Mash the potatoes, add olive oil (or butter) and milk, until smooth.
Put a layer of mashed potato on the bottom of the oven-proof dish.
Put the next layer of fried vegetables and then another layer of duck confit.
Put a top layer of mashed potatoes. Pat down firmly.
Take a deep tray (30 x 20) and lightly oil.
Line bottom of tray with mashed potato, add vegetables as the next layer, then shredded duck on top. Finish with another layer of mashed potatoes.
Sprinkle cheese if desired. Cook for 20 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.