Mexican vegetable soup
A warming, delicious vegetable soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 potato (diced)
- 1 courgette (chopped)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 fresh chilli
- 1l vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a large pan, adding the onion and garlic. Once sizzling, reduce heat, stirring constantly. When soft, add the cumin and chilli powder.
Add the carrot, potato, courgette, tomatoes, and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are soft.
Serve with a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
200 cal per serving
The vegetables in this dish are interchangeable with others such as cabbage or runner beans.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (494 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)