Chestnut Soup with Fennel
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 300g frozen chestnuts
- ½ fennel
- 30g butter
- 100ml of cream
- Ground pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the butter and brown the finely sliced fennel gently for 5 minutes.
Add the chestnuts and sauté gently with the fennel.
Moisten with chicken stock and cook for 10 minutes, simmering. Season.
Add the cream and blend.
Pour through a conical sieve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)