Fillet of venison with roasted apples
By MARMOTTIN sebastien
- 1.9 kg fillet of venison
- 2 kg oxtail
- 2 kg celery
- 1 kg carrots
- 200g onion
- 400g leek
- 300g turnips
- 300g garlic
- 1 kg potatoes
- 100g butter
- 30 cl cream
- 1 cl soya sauce
- 20g horseradish
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Szechuan pepper
- star anise
- bay leaf
- 200 g mustard
- 50g frozen blackcurrants
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 30mins
Trim and slice the fillet. Tie up with string, crossing.
In a pot of water add the spices, flavouring and oxtail. Slice the vegetables and add the peelings to the pot.
Steam cook the vegetables.
Wash and core and slice the apples and roast them in clarified butter.
Whisk the horseradish, cream and mustard with blackcurrant.
Pour the pot with the oxtail through a sieve. Keep 1 litre of cooking water and reduce by 1/3.
Pour the rest into a large pot.
Poach the meat, starting on high heat. Garnish the plates (or shallow soup bowls are better) with the apples, the vegetables and the reduced stock.
Serve with a bowl of seasoning (sea salt, pepper, horseradish cream, mustard, mustard with blackcurrant).
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)