Tender chicken "poule au pot" casserole
By CoccinS , blog Coccinet
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 2 swedes
- 3 carrots
- 1 leek
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tsp Espelette pepper
- salt & pepper
- bay leaf
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop the onion. Clean and scrape the carrots and swedes. Slice the leek finely.
Start cooking the veg in 1.5 litres of water and add the thyme and bay leaf.
Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes. Salt and pepper.
Remove any pieces of fat from the chicken breasts then slice into strips.
Remove the vegetables from the pan with a slotted spoon and place in a Pyrex dish. Add a ladleful of the stock juice, the rest can be used for another dish or to cook pasta for example.
Place chicken strips on the bed of vegetables making sure they don't overlap. Salt lightly and sprinkle with Espelette pepper.
Cover with the lid of the dish or, failing that, a pieces of aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes at 180 °. Uncover and cook another 10 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Cheesy Leek & Bacon Pasta 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar) 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- monday night chicken rice 3.2/5 (94 Votes)