Coq au vin with a sweet nectarine twist
By Pêche d'ici
- 4 yellow nectarines
- 1 chicken (3kg)
- cut into pieces
- 1 bottle of red Burgundy wine
- 150 g smoked bacon
- 2 bunches of spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 star anise
- 1 bouquet garni
- 50 g butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Lightly brown the chicken on all sides in a large pan with 40g butter and 1 tablespoon oil. Salt and pepper mill. Add the bacon and onions, peeled and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the flour on top, let it brown and then add the wine, bouquet garni, the star anise and the garlic, degermed. Cook for 2 hours, covered, over low heat.
Peel the nectarines, remove the stones and cut into 4.
Add the quartered nectarines to the casserole and cook over low heat, uncovered for a further 30 minutes. Remove the bouquet garni, adjust seasoning and serve in the casserole.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Salmon en croute with pesto and... 3.2/5 (163 Votes)
- Chicken Parm 2.8/5 (146 Votes)
- Poppy seed-crusted salmon with a... 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Spring daude with asparagus, broad... 4.1/5 (53 Votes)
- Tender chicken "poule au pot"... 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Nectarine & plum cake 3.8/5 (29 Votes)