Foie Gras and gingerbread millefeuille with sweet and sour vinaigrette, caramelised pears and onion confit
- 320 g of Foie Gras
- ready to eat
- 2 pears
- 4 onions
- 4 bunches of red currants
- 3 egg whites
- 130 g butter
- 100 ml + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g flour
- 100 g pine honey
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1 tsp of aniseed
- 100 ml Madiran wine
- 100 ml of sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 20mins
Peel and chop the onions. Melt them in 2 tablespoons of hot olive oil, 10 minutes, then pour the Madiran red wine, salt and pepper and cook over low heat until it evaporates.
Mix 50 g of softened butter with the honey, sifted flour with baking soda, aniseed and spice powder. Stir in the beaten egg whites. Roll out the gingerbread dough thinly onto baking paper.
Bake in a hot oven 180 ° C until it is a nice golden colour. Cool.
Prepare the vinaigrette. Reduce the vinegar until you get a syrup. Off the heat whisk in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Peel, core and cut the pears into 16 slices. Prepare an amber caramel with 80g of butter and sugar. Caramelise the pears, turning several times.
Cut the foie gras into thick slices. With a heart-shaped cutter, cut out the gingerbread and foie gras in hearts.
On serving plates, place a gingerbread heart then a heart of Foie Gras on top, then gingerbread and foie gras. Finish with a heart of gingerbread and a bunch of red currants.
On each plate, add 4 slices of pears in a fan and a dome of caramelised onions. Garnish with salad dressing.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Gorgeous gingerbread men 3.6/5 (170 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)