Caramelised apple millefeuille with crème chiboust
By Françoise du blog Reveries culinaires
- 2 rectangles of puff pastry per person
- 6-8 apples
- 25g butter
- 25g sugar
- 200g sugar for the caramel
- For the chiboust cream:
- 150g whipped cream
- 250 ml of milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 60g of sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 30g flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 220 °, cut two rectangles of pastry per person, spread them out between two baking sheets or Silpat after having sprinkled sugar on each side. Place a plate on top to prevent them from swelling and caramelise in the oven for about 10 minutes. Monitor the cooking as they can cook very quickly.
Chiboust cream: Whisk the yolks with the sugar. Add the flour. Boil the milk with the split vanilla bean and pour over the mix while whisking. Return to the heat and whisk until thickened. Cool. Then mix with whipped cream.
Peel the apples and cut them according to your imagination. Make a caramel in a pan and roll the apples in it, without letting them cook too much.
Make the mille-feuille, alternating the ingredients, starting with the apples. A little tip for beginners, form little sausage shapes with the cream and chill in the fridge to slightly harden so they hold well during assembly.
Make long sticks of caramel, by letting the caramel pour off the tip of a fork, going back and forth with the fork. It takes a few tries to get the right technique, but it's actually quite easy! Once the caramel has hardened, place the caramel sticks on top of the mille-feuille.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Chocolate orange creme brulee 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Cute Apple Crumble 4.1/5 (72 Votes)
- Cherry clafoutis with mint 4.8/5 (40 Votes)
- Chocolate caramel brownies with... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Mini Millionaire Shortbread 3.3/5 (120 Votes)
- How to caramelise onions 3.2/5 (122 Votes)