Melted caramelised apples in maple syrup with vanilla ice cream
- 4 apples
- maple syrup
- caster sugar
- vanilla ice cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel the apples, core them and cut them into 2, then 4. Heat a frying pan and cook the apples on each side so they are slightly crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside (check with a knife), then remove from the heat.
In the juice from the pan, add the maple syrup (according to your taste) and a little sugar to get a very light caramel. Finish cooking the apples in the caramel. Serve the apples with vanilla ice cream and the caramel sauce.
You can also make a sweet pastry and cook the pastry a little first, before adding the apples on top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Tarte Normande (apple and cinnamon... 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Toffee Apple Tart 3.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Chocolate caramel brownies with... 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
- Caramelised apple millefeuille... 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Mini Millionaire Shortbread 3.3/5 (120 Votes)