Apple tart with maple syrup
By Alexandra Di-Fraja sur son blog : Les tribulations d'Alorangeane
- 4 apples (like golden delicious)
- 200 ml maple syrup
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Maple chips (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Start by peeling the apples, cut them into quarters and then in two again, to get a total of 8 pieces per apple. In a frying pan, melt slowly a knob of margarine and then add the apple pieces. Brown them on each side about 5 minutes over medium heat, then add 100ml of maple syrup, still over medium heat for 5-8 mins. The syrup will thicken slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C / 400 ° F. Roll out the pastry, place on a biscuit tray, then arrange the apples on the pastry leaving 2 cm around the edge and bake for 20mins. About 10 minutes from the end of cooking, remove the tart and brush the edge with a little remaining syrup from the pan. Do not wash the pan yet, you will need it again. After the 20 minutes, remove the tart and leave to cool. Take the used frying pan, and pour in the remaining 100ml of maple syrup over low heat, allow to liquefy, then add, by sifting, the 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
Mix the syrup until it becomes slightly opaque and no more. Turn off the heat. Reserve a few minutes.
Just before serving, drizzle the tart with the syrup.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (455 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Awesome Almond and Oats Apple... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Tarte Normande (apple and cinnamon... 3.6/5 (145 Votes)