By Catherine B
The largest region of France, Midi-Pyrénées, arguably boasts some of the most varied tastes and textures of French gastronomy.
Striking a charming balance between French and Spanish cultures, the dishes here are particularly hearty, country dishes often featuring chicken, duck and goose. Renowned for its strong Roquefort cheese and delicious sweet tarts and pies - like this amazing Apple Tart!
- Pastry crust
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 4 golden apples
- 2 tbsp fine sugar
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- 1 egg yolk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Lay out the first sheet of pastry crust in a buttered pie dish.
Prick the bottom with a fork. Peel and cut apples into small pieces and lay them on the bottom.
Sprinkle over two tablespoons of sugar and vanilla sugar.
Cover over with the second pastry crust and firm down the edges with a fork.
Make a small hole in the middle of the top crust to let out the steam while cooking.
Brush beaten egg yolk over the dough and sprinkle over another packet of vanilla sugar.
Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
Enjoy the delectable dessert! It is a delicacy, which is eaten best when warm, rather than cold.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (466 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (155 Votes)
- French Pizza 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)