Tiramisu with caramelised apples
- 2 large apples
- 9 tbsps of caster sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pot of mascarpone
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- cinnamon (optional)
- thin ginger or cinnamon biscuits
- star anise and dried apple slices for decoration
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the apples into small cubes and fry them in a pan with butter, 6 tbsps of sugar, the vanilla sugar and a little cinnamon (to taste) until caramelised. Reserve.
Separate the white from the yolk. Mix the yolk with the mascarpone until the mixture is smooth. Beat the egg whites until stiff, add the 3 remaining tbsps of sugar. Fold the whites delicately into the mascarpone.
Just before serving, crumble the biscuits and place them in the bottom of individual serving glasses. Then add some mascarpone on top. Add a fairly generous layer of caramelised apples and crumble another biscuit on top. Cover with more mascarpone.
For decoration you can sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and finish decorating with a star anise and a slice of dried apple.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (464 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Cute Apple Crumble 4.1/5 (72 Votes)
- Caramelised apple millefeuille... 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Strawberry vanilla maki sushi 3.1/5 (128 Votes)
- Exotic meringue surprise with... 3.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Melted caramelised apples in maple... 3.3/5 (104 Votes)