Exotic meringue surprise with speculoos
- Strawberry ice-cream
- 500g strawberries
- 200 ml of single cream
- 150g icing sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 250 g of caster sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of strawberry syrup/squash
- Red food colouring (optional)
- 1 packet of speculoos biscuits
- 6 passion fruits
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
The strawberry ice cream:
- add the icing sugar to the strawberries and blend and mix
- make a whipped cream
- put in an ice cream maker
- Place a few hours in the freezer
Separate the whites from the yolks and leave them at room temperature for several hours.
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, increasing the speed gradually. When the whites begin to rise add the sugar gradually. Whisk for quite a long time. When the whites have risen, add the strawberry flavouring and pink food colouring. Make small piles on a baking tray with a pastry bag. Bake about 2 hours at 100 ° C.
In the small (1/2 sphere) moulds, spread a layer of biscuit (crushed)all around the edges. Fill with the ice-cream, placing a meringue in the centre. Cover with more biscuit and freeze.
Cut the passion fruit in 2 and strain the juice through a strainer to remove the pips. Pour the juice back into the half skin of the fruit.
Carefully remove the domes from the moulds and accompany with the juice of the passion fruit.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (219 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake with Meringue topping 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Chestnut cream cheesecake 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- No-bake cheesecake 3.2/5 (146 Votes)
- Strawberry vanilla maki sushi 3.1/5 (128 Votes)