Easy strawberry ice cream
- 1 x 400g punnet strawberries
- 1 x 250g tub mascarpone
- ½ x 397g can condensed milk
- cones and sprinkles
- to serve
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Pull the green hulls out of the strawberries. If they are still quite hard, cut them in half or quarters with a table knife. Tip them into a flat-bottomed dish.
Use a potato masher to squash the strawberries as much as you can. Tip into a bowl. Ask your grown-up helper to give you a hand if you need to.
Add the mascarpone and mash this in – don’t worry if it is a bit lumpy. Add the condensed milk and mix everything together. Don’t worry if the mix is streaky.
Spoon the mixture into a metal or plastic box and put it in the freezer. Wait until the next day or at least 6 hours before scooping into bowls or cones. Decorate how you like.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)