Baked Marzipan Toffee Apples
Make the most of the autumn apple harvest with a simple and warming recipe. A nostalgic mix of cooked apple, almond marzipan and apricot with a toffee apple drizzle.
- 8 apples
- 2 apricots (fresh or dried)
- 50g flaked almonds
- 100g brown sugar
- 70g marzipan
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Use an apple corer to remove the core of each apple. Score around the skin at the middle of the apple to prevent bursting when cooking. Place the apples into an oven proof dish.
Chop the apricots into small pieces and do the same with the marzipan. Combine in a mixing bowl with the sugar and almonds. Reserve some almonds for garnishing later.
Carefully spoon the mixture into the centre of the apples. Pack it in tightly and any extra filling place into the bottom of the dish to cook with the juices.
Place into the centre of the oven preheated at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. This may be adjusted to suit the size of the apple being used. Take from the oven when the juices are caramelised in the bottom of the dish and bubbling.
Serve onto dessert plates and spoon the toffee sauce over the top. Garnish with some of the flaked almonds put aside earlier.
Adjust cooking time to suit the size of apple being used. Serve with clotted cream, ice cream, custard or whipped cream to taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Cherry and Marzipan Scones 3.6/5 (149 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Battenberg Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)