filo apple pie
traditional cooked apples baked in filo pastry for a dleicious low fat treat.
- 5 Granny Smith Apples
- and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 6 sheets 9-inch by 14-inch phyllo dough
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 1mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
n a small pitcher or bowl, mix honey with warm water.
Stack six phyllo sheets on a clean surface. Working quickly, brush the top sheet with the honey mixture and lay on the pie plate. Push the dough into the plate, leaving the sides overhanging.
Brush the next sheet and lay on top of the first sheet.
Brush the third layer and lay it so that the sides overhang the opposite side of the plate, making a cross shape. Do the same with the fourth sheet.
Brush the fifth sheet with honey and lay it at an angle to the other sheets, and lay the sixth sheet at the opposite angle to the fifth.
Spoon apple mixture into the pie plate, forming a large mound.
Gather overhanging sides of phyllo sheets up to form a galette-style pie (where some of the fruit remains exposed in the center).
Place in the oven and Bake for 30-35 minutes.
nutmeg and cinamon can be changed or added to with any other flavours or spices you like i also add a pinch of cardamon
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Cute Apple Crumble 4.1/5 (72 Votes)
- Deep Fried Ice Cream Parcels with... 3.3/5 (100 Votes)
- Baked Marzipan Toffee Apples 2.7/5 (106 Votes)