CARAMEL APPLE TRIFLES
- Caramel Mousse:
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup plus caramel (recipe follows)
- Caramel Sauce:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoons of kosher salt
- Apple Crumble:
- ½ cup diced fresh apples
- ½ cup apple chips
- ½ cup crumbled granola
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place chilled heavy cream in a bowl and using a whisk or a hand held mixer on medium speed or medium strength (for stand mixers use a low setting with the whisk attachment). Beat cream until soft peaks form and cream is light and fluffy. Gently fold in caramel sauce.
Add sugar and water into a saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Use a wet brush to remove any crystals that form on the side. Once sugar has dissolved increase heat to high. Now and then, using the handle give the pot a swirl to keep the mixture moving. Do not stir the mixture directly. The mixture will start to bubble after a minute. As the mixture darkens to a dark amber colour, approximately 5-7 minutes, add the butter and cream to saucepan. The mixture will bubble wildly. Whisk to combine (bubbles will subside upon cooling). Add salt and stir to combine.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
Fill two pastry bags, one with the mousse and the other pastry bag with caramel.
Pipe a mousse layer onto bottom of glass.
Pipe a second layer with caramel on top of the mousse.
For the third layer, sprinkle the apple crumble mixture on top of the caramel layer.
Continue layering by repeating steps 2-4.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.6/5 (171 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (83 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Apple tart with maple syrup 4.6/5 (57 Votes)