This is a really simple family favourite of apple puree topped with a crunchy oat topping
- 1-1 /12 kg Apples
- 200 gr oats
- 130 gr Demerara sugar
- 100 gr butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel, core and chop the apples.
Cook in a little water until soft and use a blender to make a smooth puree (keep it chuncky if you prefer). Put in a serving bowl and chill.
Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the oats and sugar. Once all the oats are coated put them on top of the apple and smooth them down. chill for a few hours then serve.
This is delicious as a pudding with cream or carnation milk or ice cream. Some of my family eat it for breakfast with yogurt.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (217 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)