New England Pumpkin Pie
- 1 tin of canned pumpkin (alternatively 2 cups cooked
- mashed sweet potato)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 0.25 cups dark treacle
- 0.5 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 roll of short crust pastry
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks with all other ingredients except the caster sugar and pastry with a rotary beater until smooth.
Beat the egg whites until they are stiff.
Sprinkle the caster sugar over the egg whites and then fold these into the mixture and stir everything together carefully.
Line a 9-inch pie tin with the short crust pastry and pour in the mixture.
Bake in an oven pre-heated at 210°C for 45 to 55 minutes until a knife inserted into the filling comes out clean.
Allow to cool and serve chilled from the fridge.
Keep an eye on the pie while baking to the top doesn't get burnt. Cover with tin foil for the last 15-20 minutes if necessary.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (83 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 3.3/5 (158 Votes)