Ostrich steak with apple and potato mash
By Paul T
- 2 ostrich steaks
- 75 g roquefort
- 30 g of walnuts
- 1/2 kg potatoes (type bintje or charlotte)
- 2 apples
- 5 cl of peanut oil
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 50 g butter
- 12 cl full fat milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the potatoes and cook them in boiling water or steam them, whatever you prefer.
When cooked, mash them with half the butter and 120 ml of milk. Make sure there are no lumps.
Salt and pepper.
Peel and core the apples, before cutting into wedges. Fry over low heat with the remaining butter in a frying pan. Drain the pieces of apple after cooking on kitchen roll.
Using a fork, mash them into a purée.
Add the apple purée to the mashed potatoes. Keep warm.
Chop the nuts and add the crumbled Roquefort, using a fork. Reserve.
Cook the ostrich steaks about ten minutes in a pan with a little oil for 3 to 5 minutes per side. The meat should still be rare. Salt and pepper.
Add the crumbled Roquefort and walnuts on top of the steaks, in each plate.
Serve with the mash.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Low Fat Cranberry & Walnut Muffins 4.2/5 (79 Votes)
- Moist chocolate walnut cakes with... 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Avocado Mashed Potatoes 3.6/5 (70 Votes)
- Mini Roquefort Burgers 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Roquefort dressing 2.8/5 (130 Votes)