Moist chocolate walnut cakes with a melting chocolate heart
- 200g cooking chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 50 cl of milk
- 1 handful of walnut kernels
- a hint of vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Separate the whites from the yolks and set the whites aside in the fridge with a pinch of salt.
In a bowl, mix the yolks with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
In a saucepan, heat the milk with vanilla. Pour in 1/3 of the yolks, whisking. Then pour everything into the pan with the remaining 2/3 of milk and thicken over low heat, stirring constantly in an 8. Set aside and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Beat the egg whites until stiff.
Melt the chocolate, but set aside as many squares as cakes (or even 2 per cake, depending on their size) with the butter and cream in the microwave for 45 secs at full power, stirring every 15 seconds and leave to cool.
In a mixing bowl, mix the coarsely chopped nuts, flour and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
Add the chocolate and whites gently.
Preheat the oven (210 ° C).
Pour into cake moulds, press the chocolate squares reserved previously into the centre of each cake and bake for 12 mins.
Leave to cool before serving with custard.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (455 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Instant Custard 4.7/5 (129 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (251 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.6/5 (175 Votes)
- Low Fat Cranberry & Walnut Muffins 4.2/5 (79 Votes)
- Summer Fruits Crumble with... 3.9/5 (76 Votes)