Double Chocolate Loaf Cake
Chocolate and cake are two of our favourite things, so what's not to love about this indulgent cake?
- 175g softened butter
- plus extra for greasing
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 140g self-raising flour
- 85g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100ml milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50g plain chocolate chips or chunks
- few extra chunks white
- plain and milk chocolate
- for decorating
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
Grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin.
To make the loaf cake batter, beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, flour, almonds, baking powder, milk and cocoa until smooth.
Stir in the chocolate chips, then scrape into the tin.
Bake for 45-50 mins until golden, risen and a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean.
Cool in the tin, then lift out onto a wire rack over some kitchen paper.
Melt the extra chocolate chunks separately in pans over barely simmering water, or in bowls in the microwave, then use a spoon to drizzle each in turn over the cake.
Leave to set before slicing.
Can be frozen un-iced
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (250 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (95 Votes)
- MARS BAR SQUARES 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.4/5 (144 Votes)