Rum, raisin and banana cake
By Sophie Lebarbier
- 3 eggs
- 60 g fine sugar
- 30 g sugar cane syrup
- 160 g self raising cake flour
- 150 g butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 20 cl rum
- 80 g raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 °.
Peel and cut the bananas into slices 1 cm thick. Sauté in a pan with 30 g of butter for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, place the raisins to soak in half of the quantity of rum.
Melt 120 g of butter in the microwave and leave to cool.
With the other half of rum, flambé the bananas then set aside off the heat.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar, add the vanilla extract, syrup, melted butter, stir, then gradually add the flour and mix again until smooth.
Add the raisins and rum, stir.
Add the bananas and mix again.
Pour the mixture into a silicone loaf tin or a buttered tn if it is not silicone.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Peel and slice your bananas into slices of 0.5 to 1 cm. Make them come back with 30 g of butter for a few minutes in a pan. Meanwhile, put the raisins to swell in half the rum. With the other half, flambé bananas and set aside. Combine flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla, corn syrup and cane sugar 120 g butter. Add the raisins and rum to the batter and mix. Now add the bananas and mix gently. Prepare your cake pan (greased and floured) if it is not silicone. Put your dough in pan, bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 45 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Apple and Pecan Banana cake 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Rum Cake Balls 3.7/5 (111 Votes)
- Potato salad with wild garlic 4.7/5 (48 Votes)