- 100g butter (or oil)
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 450g bananas (mashed)
- 45 ml natural yoghurt
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 225g flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 40g walnuts (chopped
- or pecans)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1) Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4.
2) Grease and line a loaf tin.
3) Beat the butter/oil and sugar together until creamy and then add the egg and continue beating until smooth.
4) Add the mashed bananas, yoghurt and vanilla essence. Sift together flour, bicarb, cinnamon and salt and beat this gradually into the banana mix.
5) Finally stir in the chopped nuts (if using). Bake for about an hour until a cocktail stick inserted comes out clean.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)