Shepherd's pie with carrots
By Da Costa Vieira Jessica
- 500g minced beef
- 750 g of carrots
- 500g potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of warm milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and wash the carrots and potatoes. Set aside one carrot (not too big). Steam cook the carrots and potatoes.
Meanwhile, saute the chopped onion in a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the reserved carrot, cut into very small pieces. After a few minutes, when the onion is golden, add the meat and tomato paste.
After about 5 minutes of cooking, add the stock cube to the pot and cover with water. Simmer.
When the vegetables are cooked, mash them, add a little butter and milk, stir well.
Serve in a casserole dish or individual ramekins: start with a layer of mashed potatoes, then meat, and finally the last layer of mashed potatoes. You can put some grated cheese on top. Bake in the oven a few minutes under the grill.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.