Cheesy Shepherd's Pie
Yummy and easy shepherd's pie - perfect for a hearty winter meal.
- 1 Onion
- 500g Beef Mince
- 2 Oxo Cubes
- Plain Flour
- A small cup of water
- 5-10 Potatoes (use your own judgement) / Packet Mash
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180°C. If making mash with potatoes, peel these and boil in water.
Dice onion and place into a saucepan with a dash of oil. Cook onion for a minute or two before adding the mince and cook until thoroughly brown and no pink remains.
Add a sprinkle of plain flour and cook off for approx. 2 minutes. Add in the 2 Oxo cubes and cup of water. The mixture's sauce should be relatively thick. Season this to taste with salt and pepper.
Once the potatoes have been cooked - mash these, adding the butter and cheese (and milk if necessary).
Put the cooked mince into an oven-proof dish, and layer the mash on top. Sprinkle a layer of cheese onto the mash and put in the oven for approx. 10 minutes, until the cheese and mash begins to brown.
Serve and enjoy.
Serve with fresh vegetables for a kick of vitamins, or if you wish add vegetables to the mince.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Chilli To Blow Your Mind 3.6/5 (132 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)